Arma Karma is a flexible insurance subscription which covers valuable items inside,
outside and abroad. Every month, subscribers support a good cause at no extra cost to
them, as 25% of commission revenue goes to a charity of their choice. Arma Karma also
contributes to carbon offsetting projects through climate crisis solution platform,
Follow us on Instagram @armakarma.insure
Carbon footprint & sustainability
Arma Karma are a carbon positive workforce through our support of climate crisis solution platform, Ecologi. https://ecologi.com/armakarma
Our offices are based at the Innovation Centre, Knowledge Gateway on the main campus of University of Essex.
When we were originally looking for office space it was vital to us that our offices are as renewable as possible. The Innovation Centre ticks this box nicely:
- A+ electricity category (Renewable Standard)
- The company which owns the building (Oxford Innovation) have an EMS certificate which meets the requirements of ISO14001:2015
- Dual flushes for toilets
- Stringent waste recycling policies for all tenants of the building, including batteries collection
- Solar panels on the roof of the building
- Innovation Centre’s formal policies (their words):
- Continuously improve our environmental performance; to prevent pollution and to reduce our energy use, transport emissions and water consumption
- Reduce our use of materials and manage our waste responsibly; and reuse wastes where possible, increase recycling and reduce waste sent to landfill
- Engage with all our staff to develop an environmentally aware workforce fully committed to this Environmental Policy and to our objectives and targets to enable us to achieve our environmental standards
We’ve partnered with four charitable organisations who are the beneficiaries of regular donations through subscriptions. One of these is Rainforest Trust UK, which has a direct positive impact on the environment by protecting critical habitats around the globe.
Transparency and accountability through B-Corp
As a Certified B-Corporation, known as ‘Fairtrade for Business’, is essential for us as a business to track and monitor our impact on the globe, so we can continually strive for better.
As per the B Corp Declaration of Interdependence, we believe:
“That we must be the change we seek in the world.
That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations”.