Holiday the Green way in the Forest
Introducing Forest Holidays… Forest Holidays and the Forestry Commission are a trusted partnership that brings people and nature closer together.
A Staycation for your family
A Forest Holidays cabin holiday scores well when it comes to minimising other forms of environmental impact. There is no need to concern yourself with the carbon footprint of fuel-guzzling overseas flights and, although many people arrive by car, once on-site most will dig out their walking or climbing boots or take to their bikes to get around and they can even hire bikes on-site if they wish.
Our Green agenda
All new Forest Holidays cabins are produced with a strong ‘green’ agenda in mind and as a business they are entirely committed to a process of continuous improvement as they develop. Green features included within new cabins include:
• FSC timber and other sustainable materials such as clay roof tiles
• Integral, high efficiency log burner and associated internal under floor heating supported by insulation far in excess of building regulations
• Rain water harvesting, low electricity consumption – low energy appliances, low energy lighting, PIRs and excellent insulation levels.
• The green agenda is supported throughout the company using environmental products and practices across the operation. The Forest Holidays board includes Dr Victoria Edwards, OBE as a non-executive director, who gives guidance and strategy to the company on sustainability and eco-tourism.
• Forest Holidays continues to drive our environmental performance and its Development team are currently working on sustainable heating systems
For 5% off your break use voucher code GREEN17 when booking with Forest Holidays